Some of the decisions taken by the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce in consultation with various heads are truly in the interest of the film industry. We give you some of the highlights of Monday meeting at KFCC.
· The KFCC has advised the producers not to give Kannada films for Santosh, Triveni and Navrang theatres for the exorbitant theatre rents and not adhering to the guidelines of KFCC.
· Here afterwards the talent should be given prominence. Say for example a qualified make up man is needed the producer has the rights to take the professional work in the interest of the film.
· The outdoor unit should function according to the time set for them and not kill the time.
· The television channels cannot straightaway come and shoot and telecast in channels. The time and money belongs to the producer. They make programs at the cost of the producer. They have to compensate in some way or the other.
· In special cases the artists should give the interviews not in their film costumes.
· The rights sold for television channels are only for five years and not to be on perpetual basis.
· The good collecting Kannada films should not be removed from the theaters.
· The advertisements should be only quarter page in the newspapers.
The above observations approved by the KFCC would come in to effect immediately.