The magnum opus of stylish director Indrajith Lankesh directorial venture - 9th one in the career 'Shakeela' a Pan India film in five languages is hitting the silver screen on 25th of December in over 2000 screens.
On the eve of release of Shakeela featuring Richa Chadda in the title role the talented director Indrajith Lankesh single handedly addressed the media. Here are the highlights of a media briefing at Gold Finch Hotel.
- It is nearly 20 years of my career and nine films.
- U am taking up a short story of my father P Lankesh that has won the Kendriya Sahitya Academy award for direction.
- This is the first Hindi film dubbed in four other languages. I am very happy with the Kannada version. Writers like Jayanth Kaikini and other local technicians have worked for this film.
- This is the real PAN INDIA film. The conglomeration of all languages could be found here in Shakeela.
- As a matter of fact my film in 2003 Kannada film was dubbed to other languages.
- In Shakeela - Karnataka, Kerala, Mumbai, Marathi and other languages people have worked. It is a mix of several cultural people.
- Shakeela is releasing in 2000 screens. There will be a celebrity show. The big reach is possible in Tamil Nadu, Hyderabad, Karnataka, Mumbai and other places. Via UFO this film is releasing as of now. I want it to be a theatrical film. Shakeela was so high in her career at single screens. She was even called a 'Single Screen Star'.
- This film is sure to grow beyond borders. This is bound to be Pan Global opines Indrajith Lankesh.
- A south Indian actress role is played by a Hindi actress. There is a bit of imagination added in this film.
- Out of 10 who watched the film at the censor six were women. They inquired about the excellent performance of Richa Chadda - this shows the upbeat mood of the film.