It was a perfect planning in batting from Kichcha Sudeep and team. The fine support in batting from dumb and deaf Dhruvakumar lead the Karnataka Bulldozers to a comfortable victory in the 18th over first ball against the Mumbai Heroes in the second match played on Saturday night.
The Celebrity Cricket League second match for 4th June 2011- Saturday was 20 over limited cricket match at Chinnaswamy cricket Stadium. The 157 runs scored by Mumbai heroes with Raja, Ritesh Deshmukh scored good runs. Dhruv, Shankare Gowda, Mahesh, Abhimanyu and Diganth took a wicket each.
The Mumbai Heroes captain Sohail Khan was out for the first ball. The beautiful catch was taken by Chiranjeevi Sarja for the bowling of Mahesh.
Set to score 158 runs for Karnataka Bulldozers it took 18 over and one ball to finish the target. Sudeep and Dhruvakumar remained unbeaten.
There was really some professional cricket, boundaries, sixes made the spectators dilkush. Ambarish was most happy sitting next to Sumalatha, Rockline Venkatesh. Ashok Kheney was the happiest man as the name he has suggested ‘Karnataka Bulldozers’ has really done the job according to the title.
Prior to the Karnataka Bulldozers and Mumbai Heroes contest the match Chennai Rhinos defeated Telugu warriors in 14 over match as the rain disrupted the event for a few minutes.
Here are the highlights of the two matches played on Saturday at KSCA stadium:
- The first match will be played between Telugu Warriors with Venkatesh as captain and Chennai Rhinos.
- Playback singer Vijaya Prakash rendered three songs - Jai Ho....from Oscar winning film 'Slum Dog Mllionaire', Dhoom Dhamaka and Barisu Kannada Dindimava.
- The Folk artists from Karanataka on the center of KSCA stadium with beating drums welcome cricket. The famous Nandi Kolu, Yakshagana troupe gave a performance for the song Alagiri Nandini.... Then started the Dollu Kunitha. Hundreds of dancers – male and female holding drums gathered to give a lightning moment. They were joined by another famous folk style ‘Kamsale’.
- In all 650 dancers took part in the brilliant cultural.
- The first 20 over limited over Celebrity Cricket League has commenced at 4.30 pm. Venkatesh superstar of Telugu cinema won the toss and elected to field. Sarathkumar headed the Chennai Rhinos.
- Salman Khan, Venkatesh, Shivarajakumar, Arjun, Radhika Sarath Kumar, Shriya Sharan, Madhuri Bhattacharya, Priyamani, Ashok Kheney, EAS Prasanna, Divid Johnson, Sunil Joshi, Ambarish, Sadanand Vishwanath, - GR Vsishwanth, SMH Kirmani, Dodda Ganesh, R Sudhakar Rao, Sujith Somasundaram did not turn up for the felicitation ceremony.
- The medals were put as garlands for the veteran cricketers.
- At 4.50 rain disrupted the CCL cricket tournament. The score was 44
- In the second match set for Saturday night of Clebrity Cricket League the Mumbai heroes batted first for the bowling and fielding of Karnataka Bulldozers.
- Kichcha Sudeep of Karnataka Bulldozers calling tails won the toss as the veteran cricketer EAS Prasanna picked the coin from the ground.
- South Kanara is my Janma Bhoomi while Mumbai is my Karma Bhoomi disclosed Suneil Shetty in his address. Shetty had the wish of batting first and Sudeep selected the field first after winning the toss.
- A separate stage was set at one corner of KSCA stadium for the musical treat. Just before the start of the match between Karnataka Bulldozers and Mumbai Heroes Sonu Nigam treated the crowd with Mungaru Male song Ninnindale Ninnadale Kanasondhu Shuruvagide…and later an English song that was followed by the anthem song for the Karnataka Bulldozers.
- The song made by Sonu Nigam ...Nammella akkereya Nayakaru mundhirali endhu Harasi banni... When Sonu Nigam was telling that Karnataka Bulldozers should win the Mumbai heroes were wondering what it is?