AMRUTHA MAHOTSAVA HIGHLIGHTS DAY 2
Posted date: 10/March/2009
DAY 2 OF AMRUTHA MAHOTSAVA AT GAYATHRI VIHAR PALACE
- 75 books on those who are not living with us books were released by Governor of Karnataka. GSS the national poet was chief guest.
- An exhibition of cinema stills and documentary were also flagged off.
- At 3 pm Dr.V.S.Acharya the Home Minister honored the media that contributed to the 75 years of Kannada cinema
- Government has the eye on piracy tackling. More police have been deployed to tackle it said Home Minister.
- The language and culture are helpful to grow from films he opined.
- Secretary of Kannada and Culture Jayaramaraje Urs – government would look in to the possibility of making the Kanteerava studio available for the cinema as of now television has occupied it he promised.
- Dr.Jayamala urged for tackling piracy so that Karnataka would be a model state. She also urged for the introduction of Single Window Policy and amendment in the Cinematography Act.
- Amrutha Mahotsava Kruthagnatha Samarpane – 108 persons were honored.
- Tamil supers star Rajanikanth arrived at 7.30 pm went down the memory and recalled various films that made a change in his life.
- Prakash Rai and Prabhudeva sat on stage with Dr.Dasari Narayana Rao.
- 10 each were called on stage and honored at a time.
- The Tamil and Telugu language films should and must allow Kannada films to grow in Karnataka said Dr.Dasari Narayana Rao. Release of 75 books on prominent personalities of cinema Industry in Kannada is a Guinness book of world record opined Dr.Dasari.
- Like how liquor lobby has been removed by BJP government the Piracy would also be eradicated said Panchayat Raj minister Ms Shoba Karandlaje.
- Through films the decent and educated society construction should come up and Kannada films should work in this direction said Ms Shoba Karandlaje.
- We have given everything asked by the Kannada cinema industry. Innu Enadru idhre Kelbedi kotbidthivi said information minister Khatta Subramania Naidu.
- Rs.1 crores for Cinema Workers Kalyana Nidhi was sanctioned.
- Thaayi is Mathru Bashe, prominence should be given to it in each state. We do not dislike any language people. For administration the Thaayi bashe becomes very important says Mukyamantri Chandru the Kannada development Board chairman opined.
- At this honor noted music director Hamsalekha, V.Ravichandran, Ambarish are notable absentees.
- The language and culture are the powerful one for the growth of cinema art said Manu Baliger the bureaucrat.
- The support scripts made me to get up to this stage today in cinema said Dr.Jayaprada. she remembered Dr.Raj with whom she started entry to Kannada from ‘Sanadhi Appanna’. Cannot think without Rajakumarji she said.
- Government should take up the case of Dr.Rajakumar memorial seriously urged Dr.Jayaprada
- Starting with GSS poem Prakash Rai said off late he is speaking much on the stage. Dr.Raj would have been alive the Sambrama and Kale would be a different one. For my growth Kannada Sahitya and people are responsible. Kannadigara Hrudaya Preethige Dhanyavadha.